Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination between various parties. We have local Milwaukee home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website daily saying “I’m relocating and I need to sell my house in Milwaukee as fast as possible“. Good thing is that we’re able to help many of those sellers sell their house quickly, as we’re constantly buying houses in Milwaukee!
There’s an enormous amount of details to keep together, plus the added stress of whatever reason is making you move in the first place – most times, it’s a new job or a sick relative, but the fact is, the need to move always comes with a dramatic lifestyle change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t agonize – organize! Have a reputable company do the agonizing for you.
You never want to be in a situation where you have to pay to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 or more years. That gets very expensive very quickly and there is no reason for it to be that way.
Although the market is currently relatively stable in Milwaukee, this can change in an instant. We’ve heard some crazy horror stories over the past couple of decades. Unless you’re very rich, we strongly advise not to wait it out.
How do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Milwaukee house quickly and painlessly?
I’m Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Milwaukee…
Your Options And Necessary Steps to Take
1) Find out the value of your house: We can give you a no cost, no obligation valuation on your property within 24 hours. Once you know what the house might be able to sell for in the current market, it will set the basis for how long you may or may not be able or willing to sell the house.
2) Decide on how quickly you need to sell your house after your relocation: This is important. We’ve seen professionals who relocated out of state for a new job, who had their house on the market for over a year before eventually selling and settling for a much, much lower price than they originally they had hoped for. This decision will depend on how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, 2 insurance payments, lawn care, snow removal,heat bills, repairs etc.
3) Find a REPUTABLE real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes for the move: Get things started early so no time is wasted. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house…WILL cost you more and more money. If you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable, highly recommended, local Milwaukee house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast and more importantly, fair, all cash offer. Simply fill out the form through this link to get started >>
4) Calculate the cost of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for your dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as we possibly can, in as little time as possible. But one thing most people forget to do, is to calculate the cost of holding onto this house. The major costs involved include the mortgage (which, if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the bulk of your payment is for interest and almost nothing going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc . Let’s say you want to sell your house for $200,000 – your mortgage payment is $1,200 per month, taxes $200 per month, $100 per month for insurance, and $200 per month for maintenance (lawn maintenance, heat bills, repairs while you’re gone, etc.). These expenses total $1,700 per month in “non equity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for the original $200,000, it will cost you an additional $11,900 in DIRECT “holding costs” plus you have to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent) with a GRAND TOTAL of $23,900 in LOST money, which does not account for the value of your precious time, your added stress in worrying about that property just sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra cash during those 7 months, and so on and so on. So the actual cost to you is more likely closer to $30,000. But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of the additional costs? If you sold for a discount below the retail price (lets say $175,000) you’re still way ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our reputable company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying the additional holding costs and real estate agent fees).
5) Take action! No matter what your decision is… Decide and Take Action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Milwaukee agent. If you’d much rather not want to wait and not want to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us.
If you have a lot of time on your side and a really nice property, you may want to test the market and offer it out at a high price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for something they love.
In reality, most properties are pretty average. They tend to be similar to other houses around them, just like people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you will not capture the most money in the market by pricing it at the highest point possible.
Another option is by marketing your property for rent and sale simultaneously, to see what happens first. Remember, you have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even the most seasoned real estate brokers.
In certain situations, we may be able to conduct a short sale with your bank if you’re in a foreclosure situation.
Solving complicated problems for home-owners is what we love doing!
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is Plan B HomeBuyers, LLC And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Milwaukee?
We are investors. We support our families and help beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Milwaukee home owners who need to sell fast.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who….
* Need to sell really fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
* Don’t want the added stress and costs of listing a property with an agent
* Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (remember we buy houses in as-is condition)
* … or a variety of other reasons
We are passionate people, and we believe in the Milwaukee community.
We are very honest and very straightforward.
We will quote you a fair price, we can close fast with cash.
But if you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re very happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Milwaukee property, so please call us at (414) 431-2650 and chat with us anytime.